Sunday, October 26, 2014

Letter to my future daughter

My dearest daughter,

I am so sorry. But you are probably very much like me.



We have some pretty messed up genetics in this family, so sorry about that. Can't really change it.

But I know what your going through right now.

You think you aren't enough.

You think that no one will ever really care about you.

You are scared of what the future holds and if it ever gets better than this.

And you know what, I love you beyond words, but I can't help you.

It doesn't matter how many compliments you receive. It never will.

You could get told that you are the most beautiful thing on the planet every day, and never believe it.

It's never about what other people tell you about you, it's what YOU tell yourself about YOU.

And YOU need to love yourself.

But trust me, I know that it is not as easy as it sounds.

All throughout your youth it will be a climb to not fall into the darkness that beacons you.

But never give up.

Keep climbing.

And I will always be there with an outstretched hand to help you reach the top.



I guess what I'm trying to say is:

I know life sucks. And I'm sorry. 

But maybe we can make it through it together.






With Love,

Mom

3 comments:

  1. This idea was amazing and well executed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like this cruel world is inescapable, like the pain is inevitable

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Keep climbing."

    That might be the best advice ever.

    ReplyDelete